[Gasification] Which engine design might be BEST for woodgas?

Toby Seiler seilertechco at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 13 17:22:11 CDT 2011

GF and Greg,

Is the gear on the pump useable to make a distributor turn?  It would not be some odd gear ratio since it controls timing of the injectors. Hopefully a 2/1 ratio.

A point to CDI conversion of my Mitsubishi fork lift engine (4 cyl) cost around $80.  Why not take a 4 cylinder distributor and adapt it to fit where the gear driven injector pump is located.  I'll bet you could even use the pump gear if you can get placement right, which is most likely in the center as opposed to offset.

Regards,

Toby
Seilertechco