[Gasification] 1kg of wood + 5 kg of air = 6 kg of producer gas produced

A.Saravanakumar sara_mnes at rediffmail.com
Tue Aug 30 04:21:42 CDT 2011

Dear Sir,

We have run the gasifier for 6 hours an Aluminum meal melting industry. Blower details are given blower Blower capacity	= 500 CFM and pressure = 500mm water column

For 300kg /hr wood consumption we have need 450 kg of air is needed. Final outlet gas as 750kg/hr is produced.

Air fuel ratio is 1:1.5

In my question is

1.	For 300kg /hr wood consumption we have increased the air is 1500 kg/hr. Final outlet gas as 1800 kg/hr is produced.

So air fuel ratio is 1:5

We increase the air quantity and also increase the gas production rate. It is directly proportional to air velocity.

For complete combustion process	= 6.36 kg of air needed

For complete GASIFICATION Process we will increase the air at almost 5kg of air is needed.

1 kg of wood + 1.5 kg of air   = 2.5 kg of producer gas produced (Thumb Rule)

1 kg of wood + 5 kg of air     = 6 kg of producer gas produced (For COMPLETE GASIFICATION PROCESS)

Whether this is correct or not?

Please explain

A. Saravanakumar