[Gasification] gasifier type updarft use rice husk

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Thu Dec 8 00:34:32 CST 2011

Hi Cuong,

Standard updrafts do not have a tar cracker.

One idea that I never tried with an updraft was to take the working gas
off above the charcoal area. Next with some kind of fan suck the tarry
gas off the top and route it back up into the bottom (air inlet) of the
gas producer. Good way to tar up a fan and I doubt that it would be easy
to balance but maybe as a last resort.

Anyhow downdrafts natural crack tar to some point.

Good luck,

Jeff