[Gasification] Gasification of briquettes

sabbadess at aol.com sabbadess at aol.com
Sat Feb 12 08:32:03 CST 2011

John,

I got around the bridging issue by angling my 6 nozzles down at 45 degrees.  As a general rule I make my nozzles point just above the restriction.  By doing this it creates a hanging "icicle" of fuel which isn't touching the sidewalls.  That way if the creosote creates a cap it still has to fall down.

The down angling has also helped clean up my gas because there is less material pyrolizing for the amount of oxygen present.  Many folks have been skeptical of this notion because there is no "plane of combustion" but the cleanliness of my piping tells a different story.

Please see the attached picture.  For the rest of the list members the picture is at

if you belong to the Yahoo woodgas group.

Stephen Abbadessa