[Gasification] thermoacoutics, rijke tubes, sondhauss tubes, pulse jets-- how do we make them not work?

WJ Seidl wjsmaine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 06:33:51 CST 2011

Jim:
Drill a hole.  That's right, a hole.  About 1/4 inch should do.
Put it a few inches up on that pipe extension (from the joint you added
that section to)
If that doesn't solve it, put a bolt or rod in that hole, across the gas
path.  That should do it.
If you don't care for a hole, try adding a bend at the top of the tube,
say 45 degrees full diameter.

The trick is to modify the modulation frequency of the gasses passing
out of the pipe.
But you already know that.

Best,
Wayne