[Gasification] The Enigma of Gasification

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 11:26:57 CST 2011

Helo Thomas Koch

 Very good data , information and Good point .
The IEA need to have proven world leader  in the  actual globlazied IEA .Let
us our list  do make thread about IEA , how we we can make it better as an
generator and engine  to move the project you have proved viability .With
renewable all are winner, with imported non renewable all become losser,
this the lesson  Brazil  prove for other , yet most do not try to see this
fact bioenergy based economy , just now not for Tomarrow

Thanking you
Dr.Pannirselvam P.V

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Thomas Koch <TK at tke.dk> wrote:

>  Hi Doug
>
> Many, many years ago lived an emperor, who thought so much of gasifiers
> that he spent all his money in order to obtain them; his only ambition was
> to have a biomass gasifier operating
> ...................................(many years and words and tons of reports
> later) ..................................................there was a meeting
> in council of emperors called IEA.
> Because the the last many meetings had been so terribly boring they had
> decided to invite the senior-super-chief-gasification-jester to chear up the
> emperors to tell some joles and sing and dance ....................
> "But it does not work," said a bright little student at last. "Good
> heavens! listen to the voice of an innocent child," said the professor, and
> one whispered to the other what the student had said. "But it does not
> work," cried at last the whole people. That made a deep impression upon the
> emperor, for it seemed to him that they were right; but he thought to
> himself, "Now I must bear up to the end." But the chamberlains walked with
> still greater dignity, as if they carried the train which did not exist.
>
> I am not surpriced that you get a lot of responce to your interesting and
> wise mail.
>
> I simply cannot ignore your call for debate and discussion. But I have to
> start with a comment to you second last line in your mail:
>
>  *"So, if you all want to participate with a common voice from all
> countries, give me something to work with, but stick to facts that can be
> verified."*
> **
> We have developed a culture that is not optimal for development of new
> technology. Lot of bacis mechanisms have been ofset.
> The distance between the customer and the payer is too long - the demands
> from the customer are too foggy - and by the way who are the customers?
> And why do who pay for what - and what happens if they do not get what they
> pay for?
>
> This has created a culture of charmerlains - advisores - civil servants etc
> now suddenly must justify their existence eg by telling carefully spinned
> stories at conferences all over the world. Common sense in the application
> procedure can be almost ignored - for 10 years a business plan have been a
> part of an application for support money but as far as I know very few - if
> any at all - of the projects have created any business  - even on near
> commercial terms.
> Who are evaluating these business plans? Why do "they" ask for them?  Do
> "they" actually read them?
>
> I am afraid that the same thing is happening for many other technological
> areas - Wave power - 2 gen bioetanol -  SOFC - Torrefaction - to mention a
> few.
>
> In this culture the sharp brains are concentrated on how to get the next
> grant and the revards are given for the process instead of the product. The
> [...]

P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
ASSOCIATE . PROF.
Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
Computer aided  Cost engineering

DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
North East,Brazil
https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
 and