[Gasification] The Enigma of Gasification

Thomas Reed tombreed2010 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 13:01:45 CST 2011

Dear Tom Miles and All

You forgot one biomass gasifier in your list of successful heat gasifier successes.

The Toplit Updraft gasifiers for cooking appeared on our web site about 2000 as a stove for campers and we have sold many thousand.  It is actually a pyrolytic gasifier, releasing the volatiles to burn and preserving about 20% of the fuel as Biochar.  A wide variety are now being made for those people who can't afford electricity/propane/kerosene for cooking ( about three billion folks). They are easily made from tin cans or paint cans, and burn a wide variety of fuels with minimum emissions.

Many small successes can add up to one big success.

Tom Reed, pyrologist

Sent from Tom Reed's Ipad