[Gasification] Important fuel processing Re: [Stoves] Repetitive Cross-Cuts.

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 08:03:48 CST 2011

Dear Paul and Jim

I see that
http://www.google.com/patents?id=HcssAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&dq=44
31039#v=onepage&q&f=false is for a spiral cutter that has continuous feed,
not episodic like the video with the tractor driven one. The difference is
that the blade is curved in towards the centre, not mounted along periphery
of the disk.

I mention this detail Paul, because there is no need to have a feeder if the
blades draw in the wood automatically (by having 'a plurality of blades').
If you are not clear on how to make that work give me a phone call.

I also see the patent has expired. That may simplify things for small
producers.

The older teardrop chopper
https://files.pbworks.com/download/kQCWabldTc/gekgasifier/7422357/teardropch
unker.pdf rotates much faster and from the look of it, has a higher system
efficiency - a lot less friction.

Given the fact that the spirals need very much larger bearings than the
teardrop cutter you might look at the USDA paper even if you are already
convinced about the spirals.

The more common/classic chopper requiring a heavy flywheel with a blade
mounted in it can be seen at
https://files.pbworks.com/download/oCvnoxacAq/gekgasifier/6124501/JENSENCHOP
PER.pdf which is I think what is being avoided with the spiral.

Great collection of references!

[all else snipped]