[Gasification] [Digestion] composition of pyrolysis gas

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 18:33:16 CST 2011

Does your book contain the percentage composition of the fraction that
remains gaseous at room temperature (carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide,
hydrogen, methane and water vapour)? It is the gaseous fraction that would
serve as fuel analogous to biogas. The rest of the chemicals are most
probably components of the tar, which condenses at room temperature.
Yours
A.D.Karve

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Jeff Davis <jeff0124 at velocity.net> wrote:

> Dear Dr. Karve,
>
> Many variables:
>
> <
> http://bioweb.sungrant.org/Technical/Biopower/Technologies/Pyrolysis/Defaul
> t.htm>
>
> "Handbook of Biomass Downdraft Gasifier Engine Systems" by Dr. Tom
>
> CO, CO2, H2, H2O, CH4 and tar vapor
>

> Jeff
>

> On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 09:24 -0800, Anand Karve wrote:
> > I would like to know the composition of pyrolysis gas
>

> --
> ylists.org

***
Dr. A.D. Karve
President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)

*Please change my email address in your records to: adkarve at gmail.com *