[Gasification] Producer Gas Engine Paper

GF gfwhell at aol.com
Fri Jul 1 00:51:32 CDT 2011

Hi Art,
They have been using anti knock additives for the purpose you mentioned since the early 1930's most of which were lead compounds, like Tetraethyl lead which were additives,not injected,
http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/150grade/150-grade-fuel.html
I checked out this article looking for "ADI"unsuccessfully.  The system description of operation and purpose described to me was separate from the fuel tank.
My source was a P51 B  pilot.
I found nothing in the attached report, supporting "injection" for extra power. an "adjustable blower" up to 60 psi inlet manifold  seems to have been the order of the day.

GF