[Gasification] Producer Gas Engine Paper

Arnt Karlsen arnt at c2i.net
Fri Jul 1 09:06:27 CDT 2011

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 13:52:08 +0100, Ken wrote in message
<BANLkTi=S_wy0Euu534UJK_=zkLen_zSZeA at mail.gmail.com>:

> Thanks Arnt
>
> So Lister at 650rpm and 139.7mm stroke is only 3m/s. I would call
> that slow.

..the key is piston speed during the cylinder charge combustion
vs piston movement during that combustion.  Static minds may
find that kinda math challenging, so they pretend it's all
about gas expansion and constant speeds and nothing else. ;o)

> Now how does that tie in with the slow flame speed of woodgas - does
> it work in our favour?

..maybe, do the math and check it against your experiment,
then decide whether the map or the terrain is right. ;o)