[Gasification] Job Opp: Office Manager for ALL Power Labs / GEK Gasifier

jim mason jim at allpowerlabs.org
Wed Jul 20 22:23:30 CDT 2011

(please fwd to other people and lists who might be interested)

ALL Power Labs (APL) / GEK Gasifier is looking for a full time person
to manage our growing office and keep the paperwork in order. APL is
a Berkeley based alternative energy start-up that develops and
manufactures personal scale biomass gasification equipment. With
customers in over 35 different countries and more than 40 universities
and research institutions, our start-up is growing quickly. We
currently have 15 full time employees. APL is looking for team
members that are smart, driven and passionate about transforming the
way the world thinks about energy.

More information about us is at - www.gekgasifier.com

Job Description:

- manage AR / AP
- help bring order to our purchasing system
- process payroll (in PayCycle.com)
- manage filing (paper and digital)
- support the administrative needs of our growing sales team (currently 3)
- assist the sales team in answering the phone and routing phone calls
- prepare shipping quotations, shipping labels and documents
- order office supplies and keep the basic office machines working
- help to organize offices and bring order to chaos
- participate in researching and configuring better systems for our
fast growing company

Requirements

- smart
- detail oriented
- experience with Quickbooks
- excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, etc
- competent writing ability
- excellent phone skills and communication skills

Added Bonus Skills

- experience with WordPress, Wiki's and other online environments
- some understanding of IT systems, the internet, and servers
- basic design skills
- ability to negotiate with vendors for better rates and service

Compensation

$18 per hour to start. Compensation and benefits will grow as our
company does. This is a very unique opportunity to demonstrate
leadership and ownership abilities - and be rewarded accordingly.

Applications

Please send an email detailing detailing relevant skills and
experience as well as why you are interested in this position along
with a PDF resume to jobs at allpowerlabs.org