[Gasification] Screw feed TLUD stove

Thomas Reed tombreed2010 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 06:36:05 CDT 2011

Crispin and all.

I Don't agree that most TLUDS completely burn wood in stage one.  In a well packed bed the rising air first burns the easy VOLATILES from the cellulose, leaving charcoal,  then moves on to the next layer of wood before any air can reach the charcoal.

However, in a more open pile, such as a brush pile, air can bypass the burning VOLATILES and also burn the charcoal.

It requires very little air to release the volatiles by pyrolysis, but a great deal more to burn charcoal.

More later...

Tom Reed

Dr Thomas B Reed
President, The Biomass Energy Foundation
www.Woodgas.com