[Gasification] back to gasification

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 05:36:51 CDT 2011

Dear list member
Using  waste C02 and steam from waste heat recovery are also qnother
possiblity.Simple  HHO using Batery is also another  possibility

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:50 AM, Greg Manning <a31ford at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings Dr. Karve, and all involved.
>

> First off, I would tend to lean in favor of Jim Leach's respose for the
> correct way to make Nitrogen free woodgas (in this case true "sysgas").
> Bottled oxygen (like the ones welders use) would be a prime method of supply
> for nitrogen free gas to reform biomass into syngas .
>
> There are however, a few technical hurdles one must overcome,
>
> a) The oxidataion "air" (pure O2) would be a much SMALLER amount than one
> using natural "air", with this said, one would have to reduce nozzle or
> tuyere, AND flow sizes accordingly.
>
> b) The use of "SCUBA" type regulator, and delivery valve, would be the
> ideal system, the fact that the delivery valve is designed to only admit
> breathing air when one sucks on it, the same principals would work as a
> delivery system into the tuyers or nozzles.
>
> c) Since you are (would) be producing true "sysgas" the bottling of it
> would be relitively simple, BUT one would have to be cautious in doing so,
> from the flamibility and explosive standpoint of that sysngas.
>
> Greg Manning
> Canadian Gasifier Ltd.

P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
ASSOCIATE . PROF.
Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
Computer aided  Cost engineering

DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
North East,Brazil
https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
 and