[Gasification] Sawdust in Fan TLUD

Rolf Uhle energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Sat Jun 4 18:14:12 CDT 2011

I have pelletized and i know how it works.
It is o.k. as long as you have good clean sawdust at a reasonable price.

The thing is most people don't !

I make chips from brushwood and treetops at a reasonable price.
The chip quality is a bit mediocre, though and I want to refine it so as to
keep it from bridging. Cut the long bits short and make it look more round or
square, then it will flow !
I am happy with a density of 400 kg/m³ instead of 650 for pellets as long as i
don't have to ship them far away.

If torrefaction wasn't so expensive at small scale, it would be a good
solution.

Rolf