[Gasification] can suberin be digested by AD?

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 06:05:13 CDT 2011

 Dear Anand Karve and list members

Potato peels biodragabilty is not rapid one , but sure surely better than
 sugar cane bagasse  or municipal solid waste  as there is no crystaline
cellulosic polymer or lignin  phenolic poymer , whick make the latter
more difficult for enzymatic or microbial biodegradation.  Using
thermophilic  anaerobic composts, these  substrate biodigestion can be
increased;
BARC,Baba Atomic Resarch Center has sucessfuly made biogas using solar
energy in Mumbay, showing very good technical viability using such wastes

yours truely

Pannirselvam

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Anand Karve <adkarve at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear List,
> the ARTI biogas plant specializes in using food waste and kitchen
> waste as feedstock.  Some restaurants and hotels produce huge
> quantities of potato peels as kitchen waste. Botany textbooks tell us
> that this material is composed of a substance called suberin. Has
> anybody experience of potato peels as feedstock in a biogas plant?  In
> the case of plants raised in the field by planting a potato tuber, the
> skin of the original spotato remains for a long time in the soil. This
> indicates that it is not rapidly biodegraded. Suberin is also a
> component of corks of wine bottles. It is likely, that its relatively
> high degree of resistance to biodegradibility makes corks with a high
> suberin content attractive to the wine industry.
> Yours
> A.D.Karve
>
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Erin Rasmussen <erin at trmiles.com> wrote:
> >

> > 2011 Biomass Energy Foundation at the New England Small Farm Institute
> >
> > August 7-12, 2011
> >
> > The Biomass Energy Foundation (BEF, http://www.woodgas.com/) is
> launching
> > around the world in 2011 its instructional five-day events called “BEF
> > Camps”. Each BEF Camp is a structured learning experience, where the
> > technical foundation, practical skills and fabrication methods of
> > constructing biomass-fueled devices
> > are taught and put into practice with hands-on efforts by the
> participants.
> >
> > See the attached flyer or
> >
> http://biochar.bioenergylists.org/content/2011-bef-camp-nesfi-august-7-12-2011
> >
> > and http://biochar.bioenergylists.org/files/2011_BEF_Camp_at_NESFI.pdf
> >
> > for more details.
> >

> > Erin Rasmussen
> >
> > TR Miles Techical Consultants Inc.
> >
> > and BioEnergy Discussion Lists
> >
> > erin at trmiles.com

> > for more Gasifiers,  News and Information see our web site:
> > http://gasifiers.bioenergylists.org/
> >

> --
> ***
> Dr. A.D. Karve
> President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)
>
> *Please change my email address in your records to: adkarve at gmail.com *

P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
ASSOCIATE . PROF.
Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
Computer aided  Cost engineering

DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
North East,Brazil
https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
 and