[Gasification] Tar Processing

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Mon May 16 09:55:03 CDT 2011

Dear Tom,
the word used in those days was dry distillation of wood. I feel that
the process is analogous to distilling petroleum. In petrolium
distillation, use is made of the so called cracking catalysts. By
playing around with these catalysts, one can change the proportion of
different fractions that one gets from petroleum. Perhaps one can do
the same with wood tar.
Yours
A.D.Karve