[Gasification] insurance

Toby Seiler seilertechco at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 17:55:03 CDT 2011

Stephen, Phillip, Greg, list

Insurance may be an important issue that merits more discussion.  A business general liability policy is not the same as a product liability policy or an automotive policy.

When I developed high tension bandsaw sawmills I tried to get a PL policy that was additional to my business general liability.  They wanted my left arm, both legs and all of my future children after the general business policy was in place. Workmans comp wanted everthing else.

Stephen, is it a product liability policy or a general business policy that you mention?  Please look at it again and post it (or tell who the underwriter is if you don't mind).  It might get them some more business and will prove that there are people who know the risks and are willing to underwrite a PL, auto or GB policy that know what a gasifier really is.  You may have found that rare and elusive underwriter.  Phillip thought he had and Jim Mason says he has.

Greg, do you think your argument would work for others?  I've never seen an auto policy for that significant of alteration (that they know about).  But I know you can purchase anything at some price.

Seems Wayne Kieth had an auto policy that they actually knew about the gasifier and so did Dutch John, but I can't recall and have stopped the woodgas list.

Sincerely,

Toby
Seilertechco