[Gasification] Clostridium Ljungdahlii

phillip manske pdmanske at gmail.com
Tue May 24 13:39:30 CDT 2011

Hi Jim,

Thanks for you reply.  The attention is appreciated.

C.Carbonxidivorans is more robust than C. Ljungdahlii and is more
productive by 40%-50%.  C.Jungdalhii makes 3X acetate with less fuss
and then supposedly methane can be had with methanogens.  I would
assume the increase in production would parallel the increase in
substrate.

Methanogens are called Archea and they are cruder group of plants.
There does not seem to be much difference between methanogen species.
Bio-digester operators never seem to have a problem obtaining a
productive strain, they just use the local poo. Methane production
would preclude the need for distillation.  Biodigesters do lots of
work because most of the material in inert and not critical to the
process.  This process would be like using only the most productive
parts of that manure mass.

Distillation I think, can be completed with reverse osmosis.  The mass
would have to be distilled but RO would take out most of the water,
approx 90%.  The acetate and water can be separated using osmosis as
well.

All of the microbes discussed are treated as thermophiles - temps of
approx 100F so there would be much effort to distribute the heat
continually but the plants are robust, they would not die without this
heat, the metabolism would just be slower.  Failure is typically non
critical.

Thats what up. Maybe we'll get the rapture next time.