[Gasification] Fw: Underwater gasification?

Mark Ludlow mark at ludlow.com
Thu May 26 13:48:21 CDT 2011

Where do all of the combustion by-products (tars) go?

The hull speed will likely be significantly less than the velocity of the
water jet. Lots of water movement; not much momentum transfer to the hull.
Not all fuel burned is converted into propulsive energy. Viscous friction
and turbulence eats a good fraction of it. Galley Slaves may be more
efficient.

Dosidicus gigas, the Giant Humboldt squid, propels itself by "jetting'
around. It is the least energy efficient of all sea creatures in terms of
motivation and it's had eons to perfect its propulsion system.

Mark