[Gasification] Fw: Underwater gasification?

GF gfwhell at aol.com
Thu May 26 18:36:31 CDT 2011

Regarding the efficiency of Humphreys pump, there was considerable debate on this at the Royal institute in 1908.
It would seem that the Rankin and Carnot cycle diagrams were equated with this four stroke engine., in order to establish the efficiency.
However, the "extended power stroke" continued on to a negative pressure before completion, resulting in the temperature of the exhaust gasses being only slightly above the ambient. this had never been observed in an ICE as the exhaust temperature formed a considerable portion of  the wasted energy of the fuel being burned.
In other words the force of the fuel exploding was totally used in the Humphrey pump.

GF.