[Gasification] OT, now, Boat pulls easier than Cart?

GF gfwhell at aol.com
Mon May 30 00:11:16 CDT 2011

I will guess humanity made boats before inventing the wheel
canals came before railways 1 hp could move 100 tons mile after mile
I was up on Armory and discovered an ancient dried up canal  associated with an old copper mine.
It was about 30 inches wide and about the same depth, it meandered around the side of a hill to the edge of a cliff
and was at least 1/4 mile long and several hundred years old.
An interesting relic showing the importance of material movements using water as a means of transport due to the lack of friction.

GF