[Gasification] Reanimation of biogas production from biogas depleted manure

phillip manske pdmanske at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 12:11:51 CST 2011

Hi Anand,

My results and methods are crude but it looks like I'm on the right
track.  I like the syngas - methane route mentioned above but the
process requires some sophisticated and expensive reactors.  Its worth
looking at manure to house all of it.   There is not much in the
literature that says man made reactors are more efficient for this
process.

I used 32 ounce bottles and filled to bottles with semi solid manure
and I had to top off with tap water to make anoxic conditions. To that
I added about one ounce of CO2 water, or acetate or a mixture of both.
 The mixture bottle did not do well on the first round and the acetate
alone bottle became toxic and killed all of the methane producing
bacteria.  The papers say use much less.  i used water with O2 in it,
thus poisoning the reaction.  Thats a good kind of mistake.

If acetate is the precursor to methane then CO, taken from syngas, is
the precursor to acetate and that test comes next or at least soon.
It would be great progress if it worked.

Phllip