[Gasification] reducing temp. of gasification

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 05:23:13 CDT 2011

 Dear A.D.Karve

       Thank you for your open source  information, Thanks for sharing  very
innovative  problem solving practical work  and  the  excellent  results you
 obtained .The  energy demand is increasing every where ,
thus centralised  power production is not sustainable for developing country
.The combined , solar, bio gas and pyro gas  from biomass  can be ideal
solution and need to be practical too , but not yet made possible.
          Josuhua  Bogart observation  is indeed very important in this
context  that , as charcoal has has structure similar to sponge.Thus the
internal pore  of charcoal make possible  more increased surface areas.This
make possible physical adsorption , much compression, more gas adsorbed ,
less acids .The acids are known to inhibit the methane bacterias .Thus two
stage recirculation reactor  was found to reduce this problems , but we
faced start up problems  , as acids in the fist reactor .Even though the
technology can work in very large scale , developed in Europe , was found to
be problem  to be operated in rural areas this two stage bio digestions, not
simple one your biodigestor.

      In this regard making Co2 balance is an imporatant aspects .How much
c02 reduction is possible compared to conventional methane .as this c02
biochar is already proven  soil conditioner and c02 fertiliser.  There are
several published work about enhancements of biogas production, but not this
much 3 times . Thus making patent , after your detailed study of c02
integration of solar and biomass  can be practical approach for reduced
carbon small power production from  biomass and solar.The catalyst not only
can reduce  temperatures , can make possible steam reforming ,
more hydrogen , less c02 , more  c0 .This  co shift   to hydrogen  the later
in digestions , can make more methane , along with charcoal co2 fertiliser
 , natural gas Quality bio gas.Thus  integrated  pyrolysis  and biogas  can
be made possible  for community power production.Simple one stage
biodigestor can play key role  for this small power production.

Your truely
Pannirselvam P.V

-