[Gasification] Best biomass for gasification

Greg Manning a31ford at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 20:08:11 CDT 2011

Greetings Clem, and List.

Clem, all biomass has about the same BTU's per Kg. (For the most part,
some are a bit higher, some a bit lower, but roughly the same).
(15,540 Btu/kg. Lower Heating Value basis)

The thing here, is that the optimum configuration is getting the
gasifier to run the feedstock you have (that is readily available) in
your local area .

There is no sense in designing a gasifier for a feedstock that is not
in your area, could you really use a gasifier that is designed to run
on "Russian Walnut" in Africa, or ElSalvador ?

Regards,
Greg Manning