[Gasification] Charcoal Reduction Mill

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Sat Sep 3 11:25:58 CDT 2011

In the past I also had the same problem with a ball mill as Jack
explained. But if I were to apply Mark's collection system to the ball
mill it might perform better and could be a scheme used in remote areas
of the world. So, for the present, I'm leaning towards a 55 gallon drum
ball mill with an air-swept collection system.

Is there a way to calculated the needed (about) cfm of air flow? I'm
looking at an industrial shop vac with 175 cfm (5 m^3). Excellent price
but it only has a 1.5" hose (3.81 cm).

Jeff