[Gasification] Job Opp: Director of Manufacturing Operations, ALL Power Labs, GEK Gasifier

Pete & Sheri spaco at baldwin-telecom.net
Tue Sep 20 23:30:55 CDT 2011

I retired from 3M's hardware and electronics support division (HESD) 15
years ago.  I know at least 10 guys who could do this job, but, like me,
they are retired too.  Most of them live in other places on this earth.  If
I lived close to you, I'd consider applying for the job just for the fun of
it.  Most of the guys I worked with had most of the qualifications to one
degree or another, but I think you'd need about 3 people to do all you ask
for in just one individual.  Maybe that's why you aren't swamped with
candidates.

  Methods Engineer

Purchasing Agent

Project Manager

And more.

  I'd love to have an extended coffee break chat with you on this subject
some time.

I think I remember a salary or salary range attached to an earlier post you
made on the gasification list.  I don't remember the number, but I don't
think it was high enough to attract the kind of person you are searching
for.  Maybe, as manufacturing gets worse in the USA, you will find someone.
You need someone with a little gray hair to be "deep" in all those areas.

Every time you post a workshop date, I hold my breath, waiting for a
non-conflicting  selection, but so far, no luck for me.  Sooner or later, we
will match up.   Problem is that my wife and I demonstrate blacksmithing and
wool spinning together a  lot on  weekends and are involved in several
metalworking  groups, etc..

I would think that there would be plenty of candidates right around silicon
valley.  Maybe they are all in school getting their MBA's so they can run
the company instead of working within it.  (Sorry about that)

Pete Stanaitis