[Gasification] Wood Chip classificaton

Pete & Sheri spaco at baldwin-telecom.net
Wed Apr 11 13:37:48 CDT 2012

My only interest for gasifier fuel is wood chips.  If I can't understand
them and  make them work well, I won't be using a gasifier at all.

I know this may be old news to many of you, but I recently found a couple of
ways to characterize wood chips.  Although there are plenty of good systems
out there the best ones are way to complex and expensive for me.

So,  I am using a simple gauge from the APA (American Pulpwood Association.

  My simple page to explain the process is at:

http://www.spaco.org/Woodgas/WoodChipMeasurement.htm

It has links to a couple of in-depth sources for understanding wood chips,
too.

Pete Stanaitis