[Gasification] Wood Chip classificaton

Pete & Sheri spaco at baldwin-telecom.net
Wed Apr 11 16:59:01 CDT 2012

Hi, Kevin.

Thanks for the input.  I had better go out and check the sizes of my
screens.

  I realize that the APA gauge is focused on thin chips for pulping.  But
you folks have been telling me that I need thicker chips (in relation to the
length and height).  I have actually been using a 3 screen system, with a
smaller screen (1/4” X ¼”) to get the dust out before I even think of saving
anything.

But even with the 1X1 screen, I could get chips that are only 1/32” thick,
and therefore, very light in weight.

I am learning that those chips may be okay in some circumstances, but I want
to be able to see the difference for myself.

I still have a long way to go.

Pete Stanaitis