[Gasification] Why would you want to make heating grade woodgas?

Mark Ludlow mark at ludlow.com
Mon Apr 16 00:01:00 CDT 2012

Hi Jeff,

During one of the previous "great recessions", a mill where I lived in
Oregon chipped unit after unit of dimensional lumber because home building
was slow and toilet paper wasn't, I suppose.

There's just something about sawing boards then chipping them that 'goes
against the grain' if you'll pardon my bad pun. Recoverable biomass was the
magnet that brought a lot of people to gasification. I think that your other
initiatives for gasifier fueling are a lot more interesting and sustainable
than turning boards into chips, especially in a world hungry for shelter.

Best regards, Mark