[Gasification] Why would you want to make heating grade woodgas?

Mark Ludlow mark at ludlow.com
Tue Apr 17 00:24:35 CDT 2012

Dear Jeff,

I didn't want to sound like some head-in-the-clouds fool. I know you are
right, sort of. But people build dwellings from cardboard boxes, shipping
crates and pallets. What kind of wood do you saw? Here, on the Sonoran
Desert, there are only old cottonwoods (not many) and mesquite. The mesquite
boards are a bother--rarely longer than 3', but people covet them. The small
branches make the "carbon" (that backyard barbeque fanatics in the US
favor.)

Michigan has a wondrous array of hardwoods. Why not sell your boards and buy
pellets? I'm in the market.

Mark