[Gasification] What kind of charcoal and ash comes out of a gasifier

Greg Manning a31ford at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 06:00:00 CDT 2012

Good Morning Gao and List.

Gao  "activated charcoal" is generally made at temperatures much lower
than gasifier charcoal, BUT, I will say that the charcoal that come
out of my gasifiers has had a dramatic effect on the soil that
surrounds my home.

As well, the ash has provided a marked difference in the growing of
everything from lawn grass to trees.

So, I would have to say, that as long as the charcoal is not covered
in oils (it's dry charcoal), that it is good for soil.

I do note that charcoal that is covered in oils (very low temperature
gasifier) has a distinct wet feel if handled (Careful, latex gloves
would be wise), does NOT do justice to soils, in fact the area that
has a small amount of it has NOT grown grass since.

Thank god, that it was in a test rack where it was tested, and NOT
directly on the outdoor soil itself.

Greg Manning