[Gasification] Pico indoor rocket stove for boat?

sam at bristolwireless.net sam at bristolwireless.net
Mon Apr 23 17:40:17 CDT 2012

Hi I am interested in creating a small (safe) solid fuel heater for a boat.

I am thinking of creating a rocket stove using a 90degree exhaust
elbow as the combustion chamber
this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-63mm-T304-Stainless-Steel-90-Degree-Mandrel-Bend-Pipe-Tube-2-5-90-/130601824931?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6879b2a3#ht_3266wt_1048

Is it at all plausible to make the above into a rocket stove? Is it
worth the £15 to find out?

Would a 135 degree be worth a try?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-25-57mm-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Pipe-Bend-135-degree-/260610423144?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cad977968#ht_2107wt_1194 Or would the wood combust on the feed tray due to the
angle?

The top part of the 90/135 degree elbow would fit into a 2 metre
chimney of a slightly larger diameter chimney

2x1 metre chimney
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAMAIR-1m-3-76-1mm-T304-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Tube-Pipe-Exhaust-/261003253319?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc5019647#ht_1693wt_852

£10 join
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-inch-76mm-Bore-Stainless-Exhaust-Pipe-Sleeve-Joiner-/320679020337?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa9f58731#ht_1565wt_1173

The chimney would go through the cabin roof using one of these
http://www.campingsolutions.co.uk/camping-equipment/frontier-flashing-kit-for-sheds/

It would need constant feeding I realise, but that also means there is
not much fuel to run out of control and overheat..

Worth a try?

Thanks

Sam