[Gasification] energy for villages

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 18:44:48 CDT 2012

 Respected   A.D.Karve

  Thank you very much for your valuable practical information.Like  in the
case of  popularity  of biogas technology  in rural India , your work show
 a  different technological path way viability  for India  unlike  the
large  scale  centralised  energy production of developed world  .Because
our Bioenergy is  is the very largest global list of the Internet, many
list members from  developing country  will take especial note of your
answer . Small scale Energy from biomass can bring new opportunity for
 small towns ,several islands,  several isolated under developed
forest areas.As very big country  Brazil , yet have remote   places  yet
unconnected with the  glob world with problem of transport  unlike India
well connected railways , the  small biomass energy  can play important
role for better food and health.

 Kind regards for time valuable information

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Anand Karve <adkarve at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
>>             Dear    Anand  Karrve
>>
>>                           Kind regrads  and congratulation to  you . The
>> way to gasification of biomass waste  into wealth  to  decentralized
>>  people  made  small  biopower using biogas  , producer gas cheaper  piston
>> engine   to  the  rural mass compared to the centralised  steam turbine and
>> gas turbines , capital intensive ,  with more power loss during
>> distribution  has  many social , environmental economical and technical
>> problems .In this context  very glad to to know  your sucess story.
>>  Inthis context your practical work , India  giving exmaples  to other
>> world  so that Brazziil , Africa , china need to follow  the lesson learned
>> by you.
>>    You have  clearly mentioned  2 alternatives  of  biogas , and producer
>> gas .
>> As you also woke much  with pyrogas , can slow pyrogas  used  in biogas
>>  , can this make more water gas  shift  CO  to hydrogen  and also metahne
>>  , reduce acids in pyrogas.
>> Can the combined pyrogas and biogas , biothermal process more  simple
>>  and more Appropriate  than producer   gas  gasification
>>   Can you  give more  brief  details about the  details about  how the
>>  samll energy produced for 35 household .Is it combined  bigas and producer
>>  gas or stand alone engine running  two seperate  engine for each case
>>
>>   King regards
>>
>> Pannirselvam .P.V
>> North East Brazil
>>

>>  On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Anand Karve <adkarve at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Dear gasification enthusiasts,
>>> I delivered a keynote address on 23rd February in Tokyo, Japan, before a
>>> workshop on the theme "Bottom of the Pyramid". The workshop was arranged by
>>> Japan External Trade Organization, and it was meant to tell the
>>> Japanese industrialists what they could do for the poor in the third world.
>>> My main theme was that the people belonging to the bottom of the pyramid
>>> lived in villages, where the opportunities to earn money were extremely
>>> limited. The main impediment in the way of even small scale industries
>>> being opened in villages was the lack of electricity, and therefore I
>>> pleaded that the agricultural waste should be converted into energy. This
>>> is already being done all over the world by the cane sugar industry, which
>>> uses the bagasse as the source of energy. In the sugar factories, they use
>>> the steam turbine technology, which is rather sophisticated, but in the
>>> villages they can use the gasification technology with producer gas and
>>> biogas being the two alternatives for driving internal combustion engines,
>>> which in turn motivate electricity generators. Our own Institute is already
>>> providing electricity generated by this method to 35 households in a remote
>>> village in India.
>>> I am taking this opportunity just to make a wider circle of technicians
>>> aware of the benefits that gasification of biomass can bring to the rural
>>> Yours
>>> A.D.Karve
>>> --
>>> ***
>>> Dr. A.D. Karve
>>> Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute
>>> (ARTI)

>>> for more Gasifiers,  News and Information see our web site:
>>> http://gasifiers.bioenergylists.org/
>>>

>> --
>> P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
>> ASSOCIATE . PROF.
>> Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
>> Computer aided  Cost engineering
>>
>> DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
>> CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
>> Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
>> North East,Brazil
>> https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
>>  and
>> http://ecosyseng.wetpaint.com/
>>

>> Fone ;Office
>> 84 3215-3769 ,  Ramal 210
>> Home : 84 3217-1557
>>
>> Mobile :558488145083
>>
>> Email:
>> pvpa at msn.com
>> panruti2002 at yahoo.com
>> pannirbr at gmail.com
>> pvpa at msn.com

>> for more Gasifiers,  News and Information see our web site:
>> http://gasifiers.bioenergylists.org/
>>

> --
> ***
> Dr. A.D. Karve
> Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)

P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
ASSOCIATE . PROF.
Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
Computer aided  Cost engineering

DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
North East,Brazil

Project, Projetos: https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
Biodata, CV :http://ecosyseng.wetpaint.com/
Blog Project, Projetos: http://posterous.com/#spaces/ufrngpec/posts/
Newsletts, Jornal: http://storify.com/ufrngpec
On line space simulation and modeling of ecobusiness,
Espaço Simulação e Modelagem de Econegócios on line
http://rizzoma.com/topic/39080026fabcc04f140acb7d294d62e1/

Twitter - @ufrngpec
           - @pannirbr

Fone ;Office