[Gasification] energy for villages

jim mason jim at allpowerlabs.org
Thu Apr 26 01:40:02 CDT 2012

> Hopefully a similar conversion could be found for the Changfa type single
> horizontal diesel - as this would liberate the whole of rural south east
> asia from a lot of their requirement petroleum diesel fuel. The Changfa is
> a more modern engine - and whilst a spark plug can be fitted - access to
> the governor is not so easy.

we found you can similarly put a spark plug in the head of a changfa type
without mod of the head.  the injector is a much smaller hole than the
lister, but there are smaller spark plugs commonly used in chainsaws and
other small equipment that fit near perfectly.  i think they are 9mm, but
am not sure.  you can repurpose the injector bolt down clamp to hold the
spark plug.

and yes, the changfa buries the governor and injector rack inside the
engine.  you can't really get mechanical access to it to repurpose it for
your wood gas butterfly speed control.  it seems you need to build up
another speed control system.  or, somehow take your "signal" from a small
in out pin that is protruding from the crank case, which controls the
injector.  this only has about 1/8" movement, so not terribly easy to use
for butterfly control (though admitedly not impossible).