[Gasification] Low Pressure sensors

SHIVANAND Ramachandran nsyeecs at vsnl.com
Thu Apr 26 03:33:10 CDT 2012

Hi Pete,

We use arduino microcontrollers for our gasifiers.

You
get low cost pressure transducers from Freescale semiconductors. They
synch pretty well with the arduino hardware ( matching supply voltage
and output range). They cost about $10 each and are very reliable and
reasonably accurate if you take care of the electronics. You can easily
get them on any online electronics store like digikey, mouser, etc.

believe Allpowerlabs also use similar transducers (atleast look the
same)

Regards

Shivanand Ramachandran

 Infinite Energy Private
Limited
 First Floor, Baba House
 149-A, Kilokri
 New Delhi - 110014

Phone 011-65191937, 65273819
 Fax : 011 - 26348472

On 26-04-2012, Pete
& Sheri wrote:

> Hello Stephen.
>
> The link you supplied to Dwyer
was for a Switch, not a sensor. I didn't make myself clear.

> I am
looking for a sensor in the range of minus 20 inches WC to plus 20
inches WC that will give me an electrical output in proportion to the
pressure being sensed, so I can graph the quantity and use its magnitude
to control the system.

gasification-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org
[mailto:gasification-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org] ON BEHALF OF
sabbadess at aol.com
gasification at lists.bioenergylists.org
> SUBJECT: Re: [Gasification]
Process controllers for gasifier/engine control and datalogging, Are
there any Arduino users out there?

> Pete,
>
> Try this:

http://www.sustainablesupply.com/Dwyer-Instruments-ADPS-06-2-N-Pressure-Switch-Dif-p/w228350.htm?gclid=COu_36jb0K8CFcfb4AodKQxUHA&CAWELAID=1307461896&cagpspn=pla
[1]

> At least it will give you a digital threshold. I have had
good luck with Dwyer stuff.

Message-----
25, 2012 2:46 pm
> Subject: [Gasification] Process controllers for
gasifier/engine control and datalogging, Are there any Arduino users out
there?

> I have been interested in Jim Mason (and company)'s
approach to process control and datalogging using an Arduino based
microcontroller since he first announced its existence. I have done a
little googling about Arduino in general, and now I am sorta fascinated
with it. I already have a fair amount of electronic hobby stuff around
here, so I bought an Arduino ATMega2560 last week ($60) and am starting
to get familiar with it.

> The reason for this post:
>
> Is anyone
else out there using the Arduino as a process controller?

> And, has
anyone found inexpensive low pressure sensors? I can't seem to find any
in the +/- 20 inches WC range that are cheaper than about $40 in a 1 to
3 quantity.

> If you don't know what I am talking about, go to:
>

> http://wiki.gekgasifier.com/w/page/6123727/Gasifier-Control-Unit [4]

> (If I was a little farther along, I'd just buy one)
>
> and then
go to:

> http://www.arduino.cc/ [5]
>
> A whole 'nother world!!!

> Pete Stanaitis

> Gasification at bioenergylists.org [6]
>
> to UNSUBSCRIBE or Change
your List Settings use the web page

[7]

> for more Gasifiers, News and Information see our web site:
>

> http://gasifiers.bioenergylists.org/ [8]

Links:
------
[1]