[Gasification] Low Pressure sensors

SHIVANAND Ramachandran nsyeecs at vsnl.com
Fri Apr 27 02:59:06 CDT 2012

Pete,

We use MPXV7002 & MPXV5004, whose DP span is lesser ( but
sufficient for our gasifiers) but the the output voltage span is more.
Which is important, considering that the least count when measured using
Arduino is around 5 mV (5 V/1024).

So, if you use MPXV12 , which has
an output span of 60 mV for a dP of 1020 mmWC, you will effectively get
a least count of (1020/ (60/5))= 85 mmWC, which is of little use, unless
you amplify the output of the transducer.

Regards

Shivanand
Ramachandran

Infinite Energy (P) Ltd

New Delhi

On 26-04-2012, Pete
& Sheri wrote:

> Thank you, Shivanand.
>
> I have found the 10 Kpa
range sensors. The MPX12DP, case 344. Is that what you use?

> Is
there a better choice?

FROM: gasification-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org
[mailto:gasification-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org] ON BEHALF OF
SHIVANAND Ramachandran
gasification at lists.bioenergylists.org
> SUBJECT: Re: [Gasification] Low
Pressure sensors

> Hi Pete,
>
> We use arduino microcontrollers
for our gasifiers.

> You get low cost pressure transducers from
Freescale semiconductors. They synch pretty well with the arduino
hardware ( matching supply voltage and output range). They cost about
$10 each and are very reliable and reasonably accurate if you take care
of the electronics. You can easily get them on any online electronics
store like digikey, mouser, etc.

> I believe Allpowerlabs also use
similar transducers (atleast look the same)

> Regards

Shivanand Ramachandran

> Infinite Energy Private Limited
> First
Floor, Baba House
> 149-A, Kilokri
> New Delhi - 110014
> Phone
011-65191937, 65273819

& Sheri wrote:

>> Hello Stephen.
>>
>> The link you supplied to
Dwyer was for a Switch, not a sensor. I didn't make myself clear.

>> I am looking for a sensor in the range of minus 20 inches WC to plus
20 inches WC that will give me an electrical output in proportion to the
pressure being sensed, so I can graph the quantity and use its magnitude
to control the system.

gasification-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org [1]
[mailto:gasification-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org [2]] ON BEHALF OF
sabbadess at aol.com [3]
gasification at lists.bioenergylists.org [4]
>> SUBJECT: Re: [Gasification]
Process controllers for gasifier/engine control and datalogging, Are
there any Arduino users out there?

>> Pete,
>>
>> Try this:

http://www.sustainablesupply.com/Dwyer-Instruments-ADPS-06-2-N-Pressure-Switch-Dif-p/w228350.htm?gclid=COu_36jb0K8CFcfb4AodKQxUHA&CAWELAID=1307461896&cagpspn=pla