[Gasification] Horizontal

Pete & Sheri spaco at baldwin-telecom.net
Wed Aug 1 14:51:35 CDT 2012

See the quote below.

  I don't see why this kind of setup would generate any CO at all. Won't the
biomass simply burn up on the belt (moving grate or whatever), producing
CO2, tars, etc.

And, by the way, I have some experience with the "Swedish composting
toilet".  They don't work very well at all if you change the usage rate,
temperature, or anything.  I hear what Toby is saying, but that's whole
different ball game.  They are prone to "holes" in the mass that allow
liquids through it and then you have all sorts of problems.

What am I missing here?

Pete Stanaitis

<Snip>

Doug, you make a good point about shaking, but I'm hoping an action like a
"Swedish composting toilet" will work, moving the degenerating char down the
slope and ending up in an ash trough, not unlike composting waste.  Periodic
cleaning...yes, but extended run time with a thru feed process.

Toby

seilertechco