[Gasification] I hope this clears up some serious confusion.

doug.williams Doug.Williams at orcon.net.nz
Wed Feb 1 04:27:01 CST 2012

Hi Greg and Gasification Colleagues,

It never pays to check your mail at the end of the day like this lot ):-(

Sorry for the somewhat repeated message...

Actually,

 I would like to ask Doug, what his take is on this ?  That sure looks
like one of HIS units......

Pacific Class, If memory serves me correct.
Doug ?

Thanks for the observation Greg, you are right. I was not sure how to respond actually, but red gasifiers is a good start, and you can see the Pacific Class file on the Fluidyne Archive www.fluidynenz.250x.com

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Greg Manning <a31ford at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings Chris, and list.
>
> I've just finished browsing your site ( www.powerhearth.net ) and now
> I'm Really Confused.
>
> The Photo top left on the main page, of the "red" gasifier with 2 fans
> in it. that sure looks like a Fluidyne Gasifier, Can you clarify this
> for me please ?

Having looked at the Powerhearth webPage, the powerhearth gasifier with the linear hearth is the black one with Jack standing beside it. The red one with claims of Industrial Awards under the name of Powerhearth Biogas Ltd, is not powerhearth technology, and no awards have been granted to any of their gasifiers, especially the linear hearth as it infers. The photos were extracted from the 1984 Steel Awards winners brochure, and the negatives will be in the files. What a blessing when digital photography came to gasification, facilitating no cost picture records as it happens.

The red gasifier shown was the first we made in late 1983, under the name of NEI Fluidyne (NZ), Ltd, NEI  Pacific being the major share holder (now Rolls Royce Power) Both Jack and I were the patent holders of the round hearth gasifiers. This gasifier won the 1984 NZ Steel Awards, and was outright winner of the four categories covered by the awards. It was an award for the innovative use of steel products, not gasifiers. It was a company award, and NEI Fluidyne are on the name plate of the Trophy, not Jack and Doug. Jack left Fluidyne in January 1985, and all his rights to the technology, including his shareholding passed to NEI, and I bought back all the rights from NEI in 1990. I hold all the company records, and no permission to use these photos was granted to Jack or Powerhearth for their use.

> Getting more confused by the minute:

Well, let me for the purpose making it official, tell you that I rang  Jack tonight to get an explanation, only to find he had a stroke 4 years ago, and is about to be places in a home where he can be given the appropriate care. He is no longer involved, and a promise was given to me that the details on the web would be corrected, by his ex wife Lorna, who is his care giver. I in turn advised her that I was responding to a question on the Gasification list, so it should all be sorted out shortly.

>From my perspective, Powerhearth is a company that had a developing technology, and a lot of potential. Nothing more, until they can show what they can do, rather than promote what they hope to do.

Hope this is enough to clarify some facts.

Doug Williams,
Fluidyne Gasification.