[Gasification] RPS experience with linear hearth

Mark Ludlow mark at ludlow.com
Fri Feb 3 21:04:31 CST 2012

Dear Greg,

I really don't understand what all of this is about, but I do know that
technologies move forward in a broad front. Each successor rides, somewhat
on the shoulders of those who went before. No one claims to have invented
the wheel or fire, but only to have repackaged the samo-samo as an
increasingly attractive and commercial product. Certainly, there must be
room for many, many players if this technology is to have any impact at all.

Imitation is flattery of a sort but no one can prevent another from arriving
at similar endpoints by just following  a course of exploration and
discovery. Plus, every diligent explorer looks at the maps of earlier
explorers. There are few breakthroughs but lots of incremental improvements
within each generation of any kind of technology.

Personally, I think that this list is at its best when it's a roundtable for
the sharing of ideas. Not every idea or notion is novel. Not every novel
idea has value.

Very best regards,

Mark