[Gasification] Mr Charcoal PDFed

Dick Gallien dickgallien at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 14:09:25 CST 2012

Thanks Jeff.  The signature line is my effort not to wins friends and
influence anyone.  Part came from visiting with a trucker, while thumbing
home from N.J.,  I mentioned having no more interest in attending a school
reunion than a prison reunion, to talk about the good old days, with former
cell mates.  He surprised me by having recently visited his Alma mater, a
W.Va. State Prison, because that is where he learned to play guitar, so he
was able to play with his old group, visit an uncle who was doing a little
time, plus friends, including guards.  On asking what he was in for, he
told of his Mother and neighbor lady feuding for years, until her husband
shot and killed his Mother.  At the sentencing, he told his neighbor, that
when he got out, he would solve all of his problems and he was a man of his
word.  For that, he received 4.5 yrs., which in his case seemed a very
fair, honest sentence, in that most of us received 12 years, for the crime
of being young in a society that borrowed compulsory education from the
Prussians, who found it the most efficient system for CONTROLLING THE
MASSES.
http://winona-mn.us/beast.html

I commented on Rob Flanagan's signature line and this was his interesting
response, which I could elaborate on.

"Interesting that you are the only one to have ever passed comment on the
Einstein quote. From the sound of it I think we share experiences with the
education system. I cut my teeth as a tradesman so I've got a strong "can
do" attitude so I was quite shocked to learn that academia per say has the
complete opposite! What I can deduct after five years of research into
biochar is that academics are trained to dismiss and knock all ideas
counter to their own. Technicians, like myself are the complete opposite as
you never get to leave site until the job is complete, no matter what
obstacles you face on the way!
Kind regards,
Rob.
It is almost a miracle that modern teaching methods have not yet entirely
strangled the holy curiousity of inquiry; for what this delicate little
plant needs more than anything, besides stimulation, is freedom
Albert Einstein

Dick Gallien
22501 East Burns Valley Road
Winona  MN  55987
dickgallien at gmail.com  [507]454-3126
www.thefarm.winona-mn.us

Prison bars do the confining, allowing the prisoner a mental freedom not
possible in schools, where an endless barrage of assignments, lectures,
questions and tests, serve the same purpose, under the guise of education,
while distracting as efficiently as the cracking of whips, keeping the
imprisoned from discovering and pursuing their passions, or noticing that
there are no real bars------and by the time they might realize the purpose
of their confinement, it is too late.