[Gasification] gasification in Canada

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Fri Jul 13 06:46:57 CDT 2012

Dear Tom and Alexander

If they are the same JXQ-10 style gasifiers we sell, I would not recommend them for producing "Engine Grade Gas." (EGG). They are very good for producing "Heating Grade Gas" (HGG).  There is significant tar content in the gas "as produced", which is great for HGG applications, but bad for EGG applications.

It may, or may not be possible to clean up JXQ-10 gas to bring it up to EGG standards. I have not yet tried to do that yet, and I do not know if it can, or cannot be done.

I get numerous inquiries for use of the JXQ-10 to provide gas for engines, and I discourage people from buying one for that purpose. However, they are great  for their stated purpose.... producing HGG.

Kevin Chisholm