[Gasification] Need help from gasifier experts_Clinker formation

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Wed Jul 25 20:34:19 CDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 23:42 -0700, Prasad Mande wrote:
> Clinkers are primarily due to the temperature in the reactor bed which
> is exceeding probably ash fusion temperatures for the biomass pellets
> I used. I want to know from you the ways to control this reactor bed
> temperature inside gasifier, such that I can avoid clinker formation
> and also reduce the temperature

Dear Prasad,

You could lower the draft. Possibly some kind of injection like steam or
engine exhaust.

One possibility would be to run in a slagging mode. In other words keep
the slag at a high temperature so that it is in a liquid state until it
is out of harms way. But that might not be possible with a down draft.

NOT an expert,

Jeff

www.puffergas.com

Sent from any port in the storm via  Acer netbook & Ubuntu Remix.