[Gasification] Identifying and fixing technical and commercial roadblocks to commercial small-scale CHP gasifiers

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 20:08:56 CDT 2012

Dear stovers,
one of the reasons for biomass burning stoves not being accepted by the
rural people in India is the fact that these devices are not used by
households in the urban areas. The urban way of life serves the rural
people as the role model. It is not the cost of the device but the fact
that biomass burning stoves are considered to be rustic, old fashioned and
a step back into the middle ages.  The same is true of houses made of
bamboo, a biogas plant, or a school curriculum designed specifically to
suit the needs of the rural schools, The rural people would spend any
amount of money for things which they consider prestigeous, such as mobile
phones, motor cycles, lavish marriage ceremonies, but not on a biomass
burning improved stove.
Things may perhaps change after all the petroleum in the world is finished
and even the urban people are forced to use biomass as cooking fuel.
Yours
A.D.Karve

--
***