[Gasification] Identifying and fixing technical and commercial roadblocks to commercial small-scale CHP gasifiers

Greg Manning a31ford at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 20:14:17 CDT 2012

Greetings David, Tom and list.

David, I ONLY do "small scale" (nothing over 250 KwE) and let me tell you,
the biggest problem is in setup, upfront start up, and real savings.

Many people simply don't have the upfront money to start a build, and once
they do, they generally don't gain the full advantage of the system
because, simply put, in a general term, "people are lazy by nature".

It's easier (slacking) to pay someone else to do your dirty work, than save
the money, and do it yourself.

Garbage, electricity, gasoline, natural gas are good examples of "slacking"

taking your weekly garbage to the local dump (country living), cord wood
for heating, gasification for motive, solar & wind for electricity

People value their "boob-tube time", or "at the lake time", and we can
thank, the banks, visa, mastercard, and lending in general, for all of this
( plus our own stupidity for falling for it all)......

Greg Manning.