[Gasification] Using LPG/natural gas burners with producer gas

David Coote dccoote at mira.net
Sun Oct 14 14:31:28 CDT 2012

Picking up on Doug's comment below about variation from normal analysis
leads to a few questions.

The methanation project at Gussing managed to produce gas of a quality
suitable for adding to the natural gas grid. There is a similar
initiative underway in Finland at a commercial scale. But these are
large well funded plants. For the moment its difficult to see
methanation technology in use at small gasifier scale.

I've just been doing some work comparing the costs of  thermal energy
from biomass systems against LPG/natural gas. A number of industry
references pointed out the importance of correctly configuring burners
to use gas of different calorific values. How is this best achieved with
producer gas where the calorific values can vary quite a bit?

Regards

David

On 15/10/2012 6:00 AM, gasification-request at lists.bioenergylists.org wrote:

> Message: 1