[Gasification] Precising biochar coming from pyrolizers vs gasifiers

Oscar Jimenez oscar at cubaenergia.cu
Fri Dec 6 08:05:04 CST 2013

Dear All.

I have just recently downloaded the " Guidelines European Biochar
Certificate for a sustainable production of biochar"  and soon I realized
that the mentioned above guideline only recognize biochar, coming from
pyrolizers, as the proper product for being used as a soil improver. The
product coming from gasification does not seem to be valuable for such task.
I tried to precise this issue and I found some general references but not
too deeply sustained with testing methods etc, as is the case with European
Certificate. So far it is not possible to seriously compare char coming from
pyrolizers vs gasifier as a soil improver. Then as far as I understand only
pyrolizer biochar is the only soil improver product to consider. Am I
right...???. I would deeply appreciate comments guiding me on this issues.
Thanking all of you in advance.

Kindest regards.

Oscar.