[Gasification] HKG BIONEAR http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=ZKbYDF9Hp0o&feature=player_embedded

linvent at aol.com linvent at aol.com
Sat Dec 14 09:31:54 CST 2013

 Dear Listers,
	The flare photo that I saw had a slight yellowish/orangeish tint to it that is typically the tar aerosols burning. When a typical clean gas burns, it is virtually invisible in the day and blue at night. This may be different if there is a high methane or other C2+ hydrocarbons in it such as from tires that is yellow if not mixed well with combustion air.
	In operations on the Thermogenics' gasification system, even with 59% moisture content in acid hydrolysis produced char from a cellulosic chemical plant, there was a need to inject water to maintain temperature from going too high. A result was higher carbon conversion and higher hydrogen in the produced gas, one of the claims that is stated.
	From the series of vertical pipes in the gas stream prior to the flare, these are presumably traps or filters and as such will require periodic cleaning to sustain operations. This represents downtime and labor and, to our standard, not acceptable.
	The clear condensate is of interest and more information would be useful, but having any condensate at the flare is of concern as this condensate may contain organics that introduce acids into the engine and shorten it's lifetime. Also, certain large organic molecules may condense on the engine intake valves and cause serious operating problems.
	Thermogenics' gasification system operates on wood, tires, plastics paper and other derivatives of a MSW/RDF stream and has been constructed to overcome many of the problems seen with other systems using simple, but effective methods. Videos of prior operating systems are on our website and additional videos are going to b posted, but with the novel design, from the feeder, reactor, gas cooling, cleaning not much can be shown and the same protection of proprietary property as Bionear has undertaken.
Sincerely,
Leland T. "Tom" Taylor
Thermogenics Inc.