[Gasification] Wood heating in the UK - whole log gasification

Ken Boak ken.boak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 13:30:08 CST 2013

Greg

Thanks for sharing.

I want to try a few ideas for myself to see if this is indeed possible on
the small split logs I can produce locally.

Our heating needs, and indeed modest on account of the mild climate here,
but I would like to find an efficient solution for all the thousands of
acres of neglected coppiced hardwood.  Cast iron victorian stoves may be
quaint, but I am sure there are ways to improve the overall efficiency with
radical redesign.

The main burner/heat exchanger on our 24kW gas boiler is no bigger than a
gallon paint tin.  Perhaps there is design lesson to be learned here

Anything to reduce mechanical handling and processing of wood fuels has to
be a step in the right direction

Happy New Year

Ken