[Gasification] mycoremediation of tarry water

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Fri Feb 1 14:22:45 CST 2013

Dear Tom

Certainly, what you say could be true for 2 MW and larger facilities that have the technical and economic economies of scale.

Smaller gasifier and engine systems can deliver 1 HP for a heat rate of about 16,000 BTU/hp-hr. If powering a generator, this is a heat rate of about 24,000 BTU/kw-hr. I would doubt that small scale steam or ORC plants could meet this heat rate.

Small gasification plants can be operated safely with a conscientious Operator, having very basic training. Steam power plants of any significant size and pressure, usually Stationary Engineers as Operators. With smaller steam Plants, the Operating labour Cost can be very significant.

Best wishes,

Kevin.